Having the opportunity to take part in our Ultimate Craft Cooler project and having purchased my fair share of craft brew during the recent pandemic has got me interested in the benefits of drinking beer. So, I grabbed my laptop and start doing a little research on the subject.
Please keep in mind when reading this that Spotlight on Business is a business magazine, not a medical journal so taking medical advice from us would not be recommended if you are suffering from any of these ailments.
So here we go with the Benefits of drinking beer:
- Drinking beer can lower your bad cholesterol! The fibre found in beer can also help reduce your levels of LDL cholesterol, i.e. the “bad” type of cholesterol.
- Drinking beer can help prevent blood clots! Ingredients found in beer help prevent blood clots from forming.
- Drinking beer can also increase your vitamin B levels! Beer contains several B vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and B12). Research has shown that beer drinkers had 30 percent higher levels of vitamin B6 than non-beer drinkers. Beer also has a generous source of vitamin B12.
- Drinking beer can help build stronger bones and healthier hair! Beer contains silicon, vitamin B, and bioactive Polyphenols — all of which have been linked to essential bone growth and to contribute to higher bone density, plus add volume to hair and make it thicker.
- Drinking beer is also a cure for insomnia! Add your own joke here, but I had it put me to sleep a few times. However, all jokes aside, lactoflavin and nicotinic acid can promote sleep and you guessed it, they are found in beer.
- Drinking beer can Help you fight stress! Researchers from the University of Montreal found that two glasses of beer a day can reduce work-related stress or anxiety, especially when you are not drinking with co-workers.
- Drinking beer will keep your kidneys healthy! Studies have discovered that beer is really good for your kidneys. In fact, each bottle of beer you drink reduces the risk of developing kidney stones by 40%. Plus, it keeps you running to the bathroom, which can be considered exercise, which we all know is good for you.
- Some may disagree however, drinking beer can help boost your memory! Beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia than non-beer drinkers. I can also guarantee your friends will remember when it is time for you to buy the next round that is for sure!
- Drinking beer can reduce your risk of a heart attack! Beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent reduced risk of suffering a heart attack compared with non-beer drinkers. I guess they have not seen my bar bill from a night out, as that has made my heart skip a beat or two on occasion, but like they say eating and drinking healthy does cost more!
- Drinking beer will make your skin look more youthful and beautiful! Certain vitamins in beer can regenerate the skin and have a positive impact on pigmentation. Skin will become smoother, suppler and younger looking, especially on the people you are looking at while drinking it, Thanks Beer!
So, if you didn’t already know before when you are reaching for your next cold craft beverage that you get more benefits than just a buzz from what you are drinking. As I had mentioned before, I am not offering sound medical advice and we suggest talking to your doctor about whether you should be drinking beer at all.
Stay safe, stay healthy and drink responsibly!
by Rod Gregg